Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/26 22:08:04 UTC

WCK: Does it work?

Folks,

has anyone except Alessandro had any success with WCK? Does it work at
all? Has it actually been useful? If not what should be changed? At
which points more documentation would be helpful?

Anyone with any experience is kindly asked to add to the WCK Wiki page at

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/WebDavConstructionKit

Thanks,

Oliver

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Ooops, I was leaving out something important:

3a) Copy build.properties.sample to build.properties
3b) Set property catalina.dist to the location of your Tomcat installation

Oliver

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Roman,

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Roman D <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Brian Lee <bl...@macys.com>.
I've had a bit of success with it (now I have problems completely
unrelated to wck and slide). I definitely think it is very helpful.

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Not quite sure what you are suggesting here... If the WCK reference
implementations where separated from WCK where should they go then?
They need WCK to run and are a good starting point for people who does
their own WCK store implementations.

Oliver

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Roman D <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

thanks for the feedback :)

I understand a lean and handy servlet in a single class would be nice,
however, I do not quite understand how an independent servlet would
change anything from the status quo concerning communication. Could
you explain, please?

Concerning JGroups: It's LGPL and as it looks right now ASF code can
not rely on LGPL'ed code :(

Oliver

Re: WCK: Does it work?

Re: WCK: Does it work?