Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/05/01 15:26:22 UTC

Re: How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

On 29.04.2014 20:26, Prakash Rao Banuka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of VMs root volume is getting filled,How to increase the size of
> root volume (Cloudstack 4.2.0)
>
> Thank you
> Prakash

Hello,

AFAIK root volume resize is not a supported operation, though this is
being addressed in v4.4+. Probably your best bet is to do it manually,
that or just add a data volume to the machine and try to balance files
over.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 02.05.2014 00:59, Marcus wrote:
> Only for KVM, nobody has picked up the work to extend it to other
> hypervisors, yet, as far as I know.

Oh, right, I believe someone said he would do it for XenServer but I
guess other things got in the way. Maybe in the next release.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.