Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by political science <ta...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/17 12:00:35 UTC

confusing step pulling hadoop 2 in hadoop 3 during docker build

I downloaded hadoop-3.1.3-src.tar.gz and build it from the start file
inside hadoop folder  ./start-build-env.sh
every thing completed successfully.
Now I see
debian@osboxes:~/hadoop/hadoop-3.1.3-src$ docker images
REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID
CREATED             SIZE
python              latest              eeadc22d21a9        2 weeks
ago         933MB
hadoop-build-1001   latest              1d1a162a72a6        3 months
ago        2.02GB
hadoop-build        latest              5c1480006f78        3 months
ago        1.96GB
ubuntu              xenial              5f2bf26e3524        3 months
ago        123MB

There are 2 docker images
I want to connect them and execute bash as normal user
so I do
docker --user debian exec -it 1d1a162a72a6 /bin/bash
a long long message
Run 'docker COMMAND --help' for more information on a command.

what mistake I am doing here?

Also the container contains a hadoop I then downloaded inside it
FROM ubuntu:19.10
RUN apt-get update
RUN apt-get install default-jdk wget -y
RUN apt-get install python3 -y
RUN wget
http://mirrors.estointernet.in/apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.10.0/hadoop-2.10.0.tar.gz
RUN tar -xzvf hadoop-2.10.0.tar.gz
ENV JAVA_HOME $(readlink -f /usr/bin/java | sed "s:bin/java::")
RUN mv hadoop-2.10.0 /usr/local/hadoop
ENV PATH /usr/local/hadoop/bin:$PATH
RUN rm -rf hadoop-2*

already a hadoop image is running so I think I did not need to do all this
but I Am not getting how to run my mapper reducer programes on normal
windows environment simple without doing all this?