Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Justin Workman <ju...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/11 18:23:18 UTC

Mapping Hive Table To Phoenix Table

We are trying to map a Hive table to a Phoenix table and having problems
when we use a composite key made from several columns in the table. It
appears that these columns are not exposed independently when trying to map
to Hive because they are not actual columns in the underlying HBase table.
Is there a way around this?

We are using the HbaseStorageHandler to do the mapping and Hive 0.13 from
CDH 5.3.3

Thanks
Justin

Re: Mapping Hive Table To Phoenix Table

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
There's some work that was done to make Phoenix and Hive work well together
here: https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/74 and here:
https://github.com/nmaillard/Phoenix-Hive

The pull is out of date, but could likely be revived - just needs an owner
and needs to be brought over the finish line.

Thanks,
James