Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2004/01/15 20:22:50 UTC

Re: [net] awfully quiet

In message <85...@brekke.org>, Jeffrey D. Brekke writes:
>Unfortunately I haven't had much time to keep up, maybe this weekend.

I'm in the same boat.  I ran out of free time.  I'll try to follow
through this weekend on what I said.  Although, if you've got the time
Steve, you might as well given what you said in one of your recent emails.
Worst case, if Ant really needs a packaged Commons Net release, Steve could
push out 1.2 beta which would buy time to work out this last piece of
business we were discussing.  Based on Steve's last email in the
  Re: [net] Solved VMS duplicates problem and simplified system
thread, I think we're on the same page but just haven't found all the
right words to communicate our thinking to each other.  If it comes
down to doing something we're not crazy about now, knowing we're going
to have to deprecate it later, I'm okay with that if not doing so means
we throw a wrench into Ant's release plans.

daniel

Re: [net] awfully quiet

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
It looks like we might have time for ant.  They are about to do a release
1.6.1 which we will not be in time for.  I don't know what the plans are for
1.6.2 but I will look into this question on the ant-dev list.  I might still
have some time to implement coding changes that I think we're in agreement
on.