Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2005/09/15 21:14:56 UTC

[Axis2] The Locked attribute

> > <parameter
> > name="extract_service_archive"locked="xsd:false">true</parameter> )

I can't say I am a bug fan of the "locked" attribute, but I understand
what it is for.  But why is its *value* prefixed with the XML Schema
namespace? That just seems like overkill.  Wouldn't a simple
"true/false" string value work fine?

I assume the default for locked is false.  Do we need to have this
attribute specified for every element?  I would think best practice
would be to omit it in all cases unless you *do* want to lock it.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development