Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 09:58:20 UTC

Re: "Purge"=kill a whole queue and "Delete"=kill only msgs inside a queue?

think you can only delete a queue once there are no messages in it, so a non
empty queue needs to be purged before it can be deleted.

purge  == "delete all messages in the queue"
delete == "remove the queue"

2009/9/11 pstein <px...@yahoo.ca>

> When I look on the browser interface of ActiveMQ then there are two entries
> after each queue:
>
> Purge
> and
>
> What is exactly the difference ?
>
> Is the following correct:
>
> "Purge"=kill a whole queue and "Delete"=kill only msgs inside a queue?
>
> Peter

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com