Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/03/15 19:27:10 UTC

Re: 3.1.1 Upgrade Problems

Theo Van Dinter writes:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 09:29:26AM -0800, Jason Self wrote:
> > After upgrading to SpamAssassin 3.1.1 via CPAN, I've noticed that
> > various headers such as X-Spam-Level and X-Spam-Status no longer
> > appear in any messages.
> >
> > spamassassin --lint produces no errors (no output at all, actually.)
> >
> > [3901] warn: config: cannot open
> > /usr/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template: No such file or directory
> > [3901] warn: config: failed to create default user preference file
> > /Users/jason/.spamassassin/user_prefs
>
> It looks like your CPAN install was seriously borked up.  I'd try manually
> removing files related to SpamAssassin (perl modules, scripts, default
> config files, etc,) then doing the install again.
>
> At a minimum it looks like the default rules files weren't installed
> correctly.  "spamassassin --lint -D" may shed some more light on things.  You
> may also have a script vs module version difference that needs to be sorted
> out.  In general, it may be faster to wipe and reinstall than to try debugging
> and hope you catch all the issues.

actually, the warnings in Node.pm give me an idea.  Could it be something
to do with the new code that fixes CRLF-vs-LF line-ending issues -- Jason,
what OS/filesystems are you using?

--j.

Re: 3.1.1 Upgrade Problems

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:27:10PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> actually, the warnings in Node.pm give me an idea.  Could it be something
> to do with the new code that fixes CRLF-vs-LF line-ending issues -- Jason,
> what OS/filesystems are you using?

I don't see how line endings would be involved.  The line throwing the
error is:

  if ( $self->{'type'} =~ /$re/ && (!$onlyleaves || $amialeaf) ) {

As far as I know, none of those can ever be undefined using the
standard code, and none have anything to do with line endings.
$re, $onlyleaves, and $amialeaf are guaranteed to be defined
by the code preceeding the line.  $self->{'type'} is set by
Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::parse_content_type which generates a
"text/plain" type if none is specified.

If there is non-standard code involved, it could try calling into
private functions, changing variables, etc, but I don't think that's
what's going on here.  All of this leads me to the conclusion that the
install is messed up somehow.

Jason Self:
> Using OS X Server 10.3.9. Filesystem is journaled HFS+.

FWIW, I develop on OS X 10.4.x and Fedora Core 4 (Linux) and have never
seen this issue.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
   Calculon: I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8,

Re: 3.1.1 Upgrade Problems

Posted by Jason Self <ja...@gmail.com>.