Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/06/19 18:48:30 UTC

C2/Avalon Integration

The C2 architectural classes have been successfully integrated
with Avalon (CVS), when Avalon is re-organized into it's final
package heirarchy, it will be ready for integration with C2.
The required jar (actual name may change) will be AvalonAware.jar.

Any changes and updates to the architectural pieces will need
to be made in the Avalon CVS tree once C2 has been made Avalon-
Aware(tm).  I beleive that the AvalonAware.jar package will
include a logger (actually two), a persistant store and a
dynamic store implementation.

In the interest of making everyone's lives easier, some JavaDoc
Comments have been incorporated into Avalon CVS.  It should be
a more friendly system in the near future.

I am waiting on some clarification from the project maintainer
before I start working on changes--I should probably be able to
start on it sometime tomorrow.

Re: C2/Avalon Integration

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The C2 architectural classes have been successfully integrated
> with Avalon (CVS), when Avalon is re-organized into it's final
> package heirarchy, it will be ready for integration with C2.
> The required jar (actual name may change) will be AvalonAware.jar.
>
> Any changes and updates to the architectural pieces will need
> to be made in the Avalon CVS tree once C2 has been made Avalon-
> Aware(tm).  I beleive that the AvalonAware.jar package will
> include a logger (actually two), a persistant store and a
> dynamic store implementation.

It provides the interfaces so that when it is included in an
Avalon install, it can use them--but the implementation is not
included.

> In the interest of making everyone's lives easier, some JavaDoc
> Comments have been incorporated into Avalon CVS.  It should be
> a more friendly system in the near future.
>
> I am waiting on some clarification from the project maintainer
> before I start working on changes--I should probably be able to
> start on it sometime tomorrow.

I have the patches required for the integration.  All I need now
is the CVS login/password (since I got so many enthusiastic votes *8-)
to commit them.  It all compiles nicely.  Unless one of you wants
to receive many patches, etc.

Remember, this means that if there needs to be any change to the
architectural pieces, those changes go to the Avalon Server
Framework project.