Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/03 22:13:28 UTC

Camel 1.x branch set up

Hi all,

I've set up the Camel 1.x branch here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/branches/camel-1.x

The idea is to be able to apply bug fixes to Camel 1.x while leaving new
features and other API breaking stuff on the trunk. I think in most
cases fixes will be happening on the trunk so I've set up svnmerge.py
(http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py) to track commits from the
trunk to the 1.x branch.

Example workflow:

1. You just committed a fix to the trunk in revision 123456 and think
that it would be useful to Camel 1.5 users

2. svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/branches/camel-1.x camel-1.x

3. In camel-1.x directory, you can get a list of commits available from
the trunk

janstey@mojo:/x1/apache/camel-1.x$ svnmerge.py avail -l
r123456 | janstey | 2008-11-01 01:08:18 -0230 (Sat, 01 Nov 2008) | 1 line
Changed paths:
/activemq/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/SomeFile.java

My awesome commit
janstey@mojo:/x1/apache/camel-1.x$

4. Merge your commit by running 'svnmerge.py merge -r 123456'

5. Resolve any conflicts in the merge

6. Commit it by running 'svn ci -F svnmerge-commit-message.txt'

7. If you have a JIRA associated with this fix, make sure it says fix
for 1.5.1 and/or 2.0.0

Now, it may seem like a bit of work at first but I think the merge
tracking will be very helpful later on. Let me know if you have any
questions or concerns on this stuff. Or better yet, if you have ideas on
how to make it better, let them be known! :)

Cheers,
Jon

Re: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Haha good point. I guess my browser still prefers the pre-committer links :)

Re: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jon,

Re: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Well, thats a good point. I guess svnmerge.py is what I've been using for
over two years now without a hitch so I know its just going to work. Another
reason would be that I'm using svn 1.4.6 so I didn't think about using the
1.5 merge stuff :)

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Added a wiki page here

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

RE: Camel 1.x branch set up

Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
Hi Jon

Could you also add information about the branch at the source wiki page?
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/source.html

It currently only has the trunk.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen