Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2005/05/12 10:59:23 UTC

Form macros used without flowscript

I have the need for using form macros but my application doesn't use flowscript
as controller. AFAICS

line 11: <jx:set var="form" value="${CocoonFormsInstance}"/>

makes it impossible to access the form object as my controller (an action)
doesn't set the variable "CocoonFormsInstance". Is there any way to fill this
variable from within an action?

Or should I solve the problem differently by patching the macros?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Form macros used without flowscript

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I have the need for using form macros but my application doesn't use
> flowscript as controller. AFAICS
>
> line 11: <jx:set var="form" value="${CocoonFormsInstance}"/>
>
> makes it impossible to access the form object as my controller (an
> action) doesn't set the variable "CocoonFormsInstance". Is there any
> way to fill this variable from within an action?
>
> Or should I solve the problem differently by patching the macros?

Patching the macros seems a better way to me, and getting the form can
be delegated to JXMacrosHelper, falling back to the request attribute
used by the FormsAction if there's no flow object.

Sylvain