Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/03 18:14:30 UTC

maven runtime

Hi
I was reading somewhere that there is a runtime plugin aimed at
providing a declarative mechanism for describing runtime enviroment.
Does this work yet?

My problem is that I run mvn assembly:directory and I couldn't find a
way to rename my artifact so that the version number would be removed.
(There is a way to remove that from the depending artifacts, but not
the artifact itself). I therefore have to go and manually edit my .bat
file.

Anyone has a suggestion to easily create a launch file for my application?

Thanks,
Pierre

Re: maven runtime

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
I am planning on picking up the runtime plugin again and revamping it pretty
soon, just need to take some time to do it...

so no, the runtime plugin in mojo sandbox probably shouldn't be use, the
model will likely be changing when I pick it back up.

jesse

On 4/3/06, Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a runtime plugin the in the mojo sandbox, but it doesn't even
> seem to have a site published...
>
> In the meantime, you can remove the version number from your artifact
> by doing the following in your pom:
>
> <build>
>   <finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>
> </build>
>
> -Stephen
>
> On 4/3/06, Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I was reading somewhere that there is a runtime plugin aimed at
> > providing a declarative mechanism for describing runtime enviroment.
> > Does this work yet?
> >
> > My problem is that I run mvn assembly:directory and I couldn't find a
> > way to rename my artifact so that the version number would be removed.
> > (There is a way to remove that from the depending artifacts, but not
> > the artifact itself). I therefore have to go and manually edit my .bat
> > file.
> >
> > Anyone has a suggestion to easily create a launch file for my
> application?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pierre

> Stephen Duncan Jr
> www.stephenduncanjr.com

jesse mcconnell

Re: maven runtime

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
There is a runtime plugin the in the mojo sandbox, but it doesn't even
seem to have a site published...

In the meantime, you can remove the version number from your artifact
by doing the following in your pom:

<build>
  <finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>
</build>

-Stephen

On 4/3/06, Pierre Monestie <pm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I was reading somewhere that there is a runtime plugin aimed at
> providing a declarative mechanism for describing runtime enviroment.
> Does this work yet?
>
> My problem is that I run mvn assembly:directory and I couldn't find a
> way to rename my artifact so that the version number would be removed.
> (There is a way to remove that from the depending artifacts, but not
> the artifact itself). I therefore have to go and manually edit my .bat
> file.
>
> Anyone has a suggestion to easily create a launch file for my application?
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre

Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com