Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Philip Ogren <ph...@ogren.info> on 2010/01/14 01:36:57 UTC

naming a third-party library

Is it ok to name a third-party library such that it is an acronym that
has a 'U' in it where the 'U' stands for UIMA?  I'm sure the answer is
there in the legal jargon of ASL 2.0 - but it is not clear to me.  I
can't tell if section 6 applies or not on two counts (is UIMA a trade
name and/or would this be customary use?)

Thanks,
Philip

Re: naming a third-party library

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I am not a lawyer, but I agree with Thilo. I don't think any trademark
issue would arise from the use of one letter :-)  -Marshall

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.