Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SGE0 <st...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/23 18:10:15 UTC

Solrj client API and response in XML format (Solr 1.4)

Hi All,

After a day of searching I'm quite confused.

I use the solrj client as follows:

CommonsHttpSolrServer solr = new
CommonsHttpSolrServer("http://127.0.0.1:8080/apache-solr-1.4-dev/test");
solr.setRequestWriter(new BinaryRequestWriter());

    ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
    params.set("qt", "dismax");
    params.set("indent", "on");
    params.set("version", "2.2");
    params.set("q", "test");
    params.set("start", "0");
    params.set("rows", "10");
    params.set("wt", "xml");
    params.set("hl", "on");
    QueryResponse response = solr.query(params);

How can I get the query result (response) in XML format out f?

I know it sounds stupid but I can't seem to manage that.

What do I need to do with the response object to get the response in XML
format ?

I already understood I can"t get the result in JSON so my idea was to go
from XML to JSON.

Thx for your answer already !

S.

    System.out.println("response = " + response);
SolrDocumentList  sdl  =  response.getResults();

Re: Solrj client API and response in XML format (Solr 1.4)

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
no need to use httpclient . use java.net.URL#openConnection(url) and
read the inputstream into a buffer and that is it.

Posted by SGE0 <st...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
hi