Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by An...@nmss.com on 2002/05/20 16:37:46 UTC

XSLTInputSource incomplete?

Hi,

I am trying to use Xalan C++ v1.3, with Xerces 1.6.0 delivered with it. I
am trying to feed a Node to a XalanTransformer transformation and the
program crashes. I am using either the XercesParserLiaison or the
XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison to parse an xml document into a XalanDocument,
and then I instantiate a XSLTInputSource with the XalanDocument, using the
constructor that takes a XalanNode. The instantiation works fine, but when
I pass this XSLTInputSource to the transformer together with the
transformation the funciton crashes.

I believe I found the reason why - the makeStream() function of the
XSLTInputSource class does not provide a BinInputStream when the class is
instantiated with a XalanNode - it passes a null pointer and the parser
that gets called deep within the XalanTransformer is unable to read the
source.  In other words the XSLTInputSource is capable of only working with
URIs and streams.

I am trying to find out whether I am right, and if yes whether there is a
work-around. Is there a more recent version of the XSLTInputSource class
that has that fixed? This functionality is supposed to be available
according to the usage patterns in the documentation for Xalan - "Working
with DOM input and output".

any feedback on that would be greatly appreciated,

Sincerely,
Iavor Trifonov