Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 17:45:38 UTC

Avro reflection handling (CRUNCH-13)

Josh,

I noticed that you mentioned some weirdness in interactions with Avro
1.7.0 in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-9.

I've just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-13 to
resolve issues around the partitioner and reflection-based Avro data
-- could you elaborate on the issues that you encountered in CRUNCH-9?
I mainly want to confirm whether the two are related before I commit
the patch for CRUNCH-13.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Re: Avro reflection handling (CRUNCH-13)

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Gabriel,

It turned out to be a conflict w/CDH4, not an issue with Crunch. Apologies
for that, I'll update the JIRA.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>