Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andrei Dulvac <du...@apache.org> on 2016/08/09 13:18:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sling Hypermedia API client-side tools 1.0.0

Hi,
We solved 3 issues for this initial
release:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12337959
Staging repository:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1498/
You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
Usage:sh check_staged_release.sh 1498 /tmp/sling-staging
Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Sling Hypermedia API client-side tools 1.0.0

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <an...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrei,

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <an...@gmail.com>.
Anyone, please?

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <du...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <an...@gmail.com>.
> Not exporting or making it private should be the same. I looked at your
> change and tbh I have no idea why it doesn't work. I think the best
> would be to simply rename the package to *.impl - this way it is obvious
> that its not a public/exported package. And it will be automatically
> handled as such.

 Yeah, I wanted to avoid that to keep backwards compatibility. I have no
idea why, because I've already changed it and it was never released :) Will
do that. Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Release Sling Hypermedia API client-side tools 1.0.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
> Hi Carsten,
>

>> There is an   AbstractHtmlClientImpl but just one implementation. Can't
>> this be merged into a single class?
> AbstractHtmlClientImpl takes away all the http stuff and leaves an abstract
> method that would allow it to easily write a new HtmlClient that returns a
> different type of Document. Might not have one now, but I'm using that in
> an external project and would allow anyone to easily achieve that. Is it a
> big problem? I personally would like to leave it.

It's not a big problem, it just looks a little bit strange, especially
as the impl is in a different package then the service/class which
creates the implementation. But again, nothing which really needs to be
changed.

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Thanks for taking a look. I've added my changes in 1755727 but have a
couple of questions, if you could help.
> why is the interface HtmlClientService empty? I guess this makes this
service unusable and there is no way to create an HtmlClient.
Sorry about that. Funny thing is I tested that with the felix console
script and I think it worked, thanks to polymorphism. But I fixed it now.

> There is an   AbstractHtmlClientImpl but just one implementation. Can't
this be merged into a single class?
AbstractHtmlClientImpl takes away all the http stuff and leaves an abstract
method that would allow it to easily write a new HtmlClient that returns a
different type of Document. Might not have one now, but I'm using that in
an external project and would allow anyone to easily achieve that. Is it a
big problem? I personally would like to leave it.

> Although org.apache.sling.hapi.client.forms is exported, it's only use is
in an implementation. So why not make this private?
You're right again :) What I'm having trouble with the meanings, due to my
lack of expertise in OSGi and mixing osgi concepts and bnd maven plugin
isntructions. Do you mean not exporting it (i.e. forbidden), or making it
private via the maven bundle plugin? I added "<Private-Package>
org.apache.sling.hapi.client.forms</Private-Package>" to the bundle plugin
and the maniefst file doesn't seem to change :/ Anything I'm doing wrong?
How should a private package show? Any way I can make it work?

> There is no javadoc for Document and it's hard to figure out how to use
it.
Sorry, added javadoc.

I will drop this release, sort out these issues and continue from there.
Thanks a lot.
- Andrei

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,