Posted to users@maven.apache.org by siegfried <si...@heintze.com> on 2006/07/01 23:12:40 UTC

Wanted: Jelly script for deploying maven 1.0 web app to tomcat

> try checking http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/archetypes
>for the latest version of the archetypes
> and if you feel  the  urge to write a guide on how to use them, the
>Maven community will greatly appreciate it. =)

I'll try out the mvn 2 webapp archetype soon but your comments are not
encouraging (but nevertheless appreciated).

How about maven 1 genapp? Is there any documentation on that?

I guessed tried "maven war" and

bash-3.00$ cp target/id_hello.war /c/Program\ Files/Apache\
Software\Foundation/Tomcat\ 5.5/webapps/

Lo and behold it worked!

Are there any other maven targets I relevant to web apps that I would like
to know about?

Now build.xml scripts usually have a deploy target for them. Is there a
jelly or some other script for maven 1.0 to do that last step of copying the
war file to the web server?

Thanks,
Siegfried

Re: Wanted: Jelly script for deploying maven 1.0 web app to tomcat

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
You can also use the Cargo m1 plugin.
http://cargo.codehaus.org

Arnaud