Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Simon McClenahan <sm...@healthcompartners.com> on 2004/04/22 18:45:46 UTC

Docbook editor

What do you guys use to edit the Docbook Lite XML files? It looks like you only get to see the output after running the make command. Do you use a WYSIWYG editor? (I'm assuming not). I'm trying to load the Subversion book into Morphon http://www.morphon.com/ , but keep running into "problems" trying to get it nice on my screen.

I'm just trying to use Subversion's DocBook Lite schema as a template for writing my own documentation, although it's not quite book sized. Does anyone have any recommendations for tools to use, other than notepad/vi ?

- Simon

NOTE:  This message and any included attachments are from HealthCom Partners, LLC and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail.

Re: Docbook editor

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 13:45, Simon McClenahan wrote:
> What do you guys use to edit the Docbook Lite XML files?

It's a very special editor called "emacs".  :-)

No WYSIWYG stuff.  We just write, then 'make', then view the html and/or
pdf.