Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tope Faro <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/04 06:28:02 UTC

Problem downloading a Resource from an HTTPS same server: SSLHandshake Error

Hello all,

I have been trying repeatedly to get a download code that I had previously
working on a non-https server work on a different server with HTTPS enabled.

I keep getting an SSLHandShake error, and on researching further found I
may need to install and enable SSL certs on Tomcat. Problem is I still get
this error even after enabling SSL on Tomcat.

This is extract from my code below:

private void downloadReport(ReportFormat format) {
        final String formattedUrl = formatUrl(urlWithoutFormat, format);
        try {
            getRequestCycle().scheduleRequestHandlerAfterCurrent(
                    new ResourceStreamRequestHandler(new
AbstractResourceStreamWriter() {
                @Override
                public void write(OutputStream out) throws IOException {
                    String url = getReportUrl(formattedUrl);
                    log.debug("Generated URL: " + url);
                    Streams.copyAndClose(new URL(url).openStream(), out);
                }
            }, "fv_report." + format.getFormat()));
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            log.error("", ex);
        }
    }

Re: Problem downloading a Resource from an HTTPS same server: SSLHandshake Error

Posted by topriddy <to...@gmail.com>.
I have this fixed by installing SSL cert keys and enabling them in my Tomcat.

Also, I had to specify 8443 the SSL port my Tomcat is using as
request.getServerPort() was returning Apache's SSL port 443 which is wrong
for my case.

Thanks.