Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Todd Fuller <tf...@metanology.com> on 2003/05/05 21:57:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Model-Driven Development Environment for Struts 1.1

Dear Struts Professional,

Metanology Corporation is pleased to announce the availability of MDE for
Struts, the latest model-driven development tool for creating applications
using the Jakarta Struts framework.

Available as an Eclipse-based IDE or plug-in, MDE for Struts lets you
graphically develop Struts 1.1 applications using standard UML. From simple
class diagrams, MDE for Struts creates JSPs, Java classes,
struts-config.xml, validator.xml, Application Resource, ant build scripts
and J2EE deployment files. Take control of the architecture by changing Java
MetaPrograms that translate the model to code.

Just write your business logic and deploy.

Chuck Cavaness, author of "Programming Jakarta Struts", had this to say
about MDE for Struts:

"I like Struts because it is the framework you would build yourself if you
could. Well, MDE for Struts is the development tool you would build yourself
if you could."

For additional information or to download MDE for Struts visit:
<http://www.metanology.com/>.

Please feel free to contact a Metanology representative by calling us at
770.475.1301 or email us at info@metanology.com.

Regards,

Todd Fuller
Metanology Corporation
4625 Alexander Dr., Ste 105
Alpharetta, GA 30022
770.475.1301 Office
404.561.0294 Cell
www.metanology.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Model-Driven Development Environment for Struts 1.1

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I have used this tool (briefly).  It can be a bit intimidating if you are
new to MDD/MDA, but I would suggest you get it anyway and (at least) go
through the tutorial.  There's a 30 day trial and they can mail you a CD
(for those on the 56k).

I'm hoping to get my boss to get a license (or 3).

James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org