Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "mr.pohl" <mr...@seznam.cz> on 2012/11/01 09:32:40 UTC

Call web service from Camel

I would like to call web service from Camel. But I receive null everytime I
call the service. Could you please help me finding a solution?

The service is running on tomcat and I can test it with soapUI. Here is the
request from SoapUI.

and the response returns Hello Pavel. I followed the CamelInAction guide
with creating contract first web service. I am able to run the route which
reads a file and send it to web service.

The code of the route is the following.

The FileProcessor class looks like this:

In next version I would like to generate a request through the objects
generated by cxf-codegen-plugin (HalloWorld.java, HelloWorldImpl.java,
HelloWorldRequest.java, HelloWorldResponse.java, HelloWorldService.java,
ObjectFactory.java, package-info.java).

In the camel-cxf.xml I have:

To read response from the web service I am using this route.

The last route gets data from seda...

...and prints the result.

The output from the execution is: Data received: null

I would expect some XML file which I could parse with cxf objects. Could you
please help me finding the problem?

Thank you

Pavel

Re: Call web service from Camel

Posted by "mr.pohl" <mr...@seznam.cz>.
Thank you for a hint. It kicks me forward ;)

The problems with this example are in classes FileProcessor and PrintResult.
I have also simplified the example, so I'am using only one route
FileToWsRoute for now.

The FileProcessor has changed to this.

The PrintProcessor has changed to this.

I think this is a good example for others who struggles with camel and web
services.

Re: Call web service from Camel

Posted by "Willem.Jiang" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>From the routes those you showed us, I can see you need go through the
camel-cxf wiki[1].
It shows you how to consume or produce the message through the camel-cxf
component.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/cxf.html

Willem