Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ja...@Raytheon.com on 2002/11/13 20:13:45 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with HTTPD v2.0.43 on Solaris 2.5.1

I have upgraded to Apache 2.0.43, and still have the same problem.

When I startup the Apache 2.0.43 server (using apachectl start), I get the
following message in the error_log;

      [Wed Nov 13 10:58:38 2002] [notice] Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) configured --
resuming normal operations

When I attempt to access the server using Netscape or IE, I get the following
message in access_log;

      172.16.32.17 - - [13/Nov/2002:10:59:32 -0800] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 401 465

The Browser just sits there forever, with the following message on the bottom
(of the Netscape window)

      Connect: host sun4k contacted. Waiting for reply...

When I telnet to port 80 on the server, I get no response when I type garbage,
but on the Apache 1.3.27, I do get some HTML output.

When I stop the Apache 2.0.43 (using apachectl stop), I need to issue the
command several times, and
I get the following message in my error_log file;

      [Wed Nov 13 11:04:19 2002] [warn] child process 17146 still did not exit,
sending a SIGTERM

When I run httpd directly with the "-X" flag, everything works fine. I get no
messages in error_log, and I get the
following message in the access_log;

      172.16.32.17 - jvang [13/Nov/2002:11:07:23 -0800] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200
636

Some things to note (if they are relevant)

      1.    In the access_log file, shouldn't HTTP/1.0 bt HTTP/2.0 ?
      2.    In the access_log, when I run httpd -X, I see my username "jvang",
but not when I startup using apachectl start.
      3.    I assume I am using the prefork MPM. How can I verify that ?

Thanks for any help...

Cheers,

Jack...

"Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <in...@orangexl.com> on 11/13/2002 02:14:34 AM

Please respond to users@httpd.apache.org

To:    <us...@httpd.apache.org>
cc:     (bcc: Jack vanGorkum/RMD/Raytheon/CA)

Subject:    Re: [users@httpd] Problems with HTTPD v2.0.39 on Solaris 2.5.1

You should start by upgrading to Apache 2.0.43. You might be asking people
for help, while your problem is already fixed. This way, other people might
not get the help they need.

But, in any case, ALWAYS verify problems by installing the latest availble
version, in this case Apache 2.0.43. (this doesn't mean of course that you
do not have a genuine problem/bug)

Do other browsers have the same probelm? What does your accesslog say (does
it give a 200-ok)? What does Telnet to port 80 say? Which MPM are you using?

Kind regards,
Sander Holthaus

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi

Jack_vanGorkum@Raytheon.com wrote:

> Some things to note (if they are relevant)
>
>       1.    In the access_log file, shouldn't HTTP/1.0 bt HTTP/2.0 ?
>       2.    In the access_log, when I run httpd -X, I see my username "jvang",
> but not when I startup using apachectl start.
>       3.    I assume I am using the prefork MPM. How can I verify that ?

you should be able to run mod_info or issue the 'httpd -l' command to
get information about which MPM is running. you may need to enable
mod_info in your httpd.conf file && you can get access to the data using
http://<your_server_name_here>/server-info/

> Thanks for any help...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jack...

cheers,
andy

--
be careful when advising lemmings
--

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only
for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain