Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marilyn Belcher <MB...@worldtvl.com> on 2005/06/29 14:03:57 UTC

SLL on Apache Tomcat 4.1

I am trying to register at Verisign for an SSL certificate.  We are running
Tomcat 4.1 on our server.  In order to obtain a CSR on the server, I must
specify whether I want the Apache SSL or the Mod SSL.  Can you please tell
me which option I need to choose?

Thanks

Marilyn

Marilyn Belcher

World Travel Service, LLC

918-743-8856

800-324-4987

918-747-7480 - fax

Visit us at www.WorldTravelToday.com <http://www.WorldTravelToday.com>

Re: SLL on Apache Tomcat 4.1

Posted by Rajasekar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 You can get the SSL for tomcat only. Now thawte and verisign supports ssl
for tomcat itself.
 and Now if you are using Tomcat integrated with Apache, go for Apache SSL.
But you can implement SSL only for tomcat.
 Regards
 Raj

--
Rajasekar V.R