Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Damian Blazejewski <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/24 22:11:28 UTC

Struts 2 Testing Actions

Hello,

I have a problem executing Struts 2 action test case.
I get the following error:

*Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class
file javax/servlet/jsp/PageContext *
I have no clue what can be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Here are my dependencies:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>4.8.2</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-junit-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>${struts.version}</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.javassist</groupId>
            <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
            <version>3.16.1-GA</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.5</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.2</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

Pozdrawiam/Best regards,
Damian Błażejewski
dblazejewski.com

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Damian Blazejewski <da...@gmail.com>.
Brilliant, I suppose that ".... you can have struts.xml in test/resources
with struts.objectFactory = struts" will solve my issue.

Thank you very much.

Pozdrawiam/Best regards,
Damian Błażejewski
dblazejewski.com

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Ok, I get it what do you want ;-)

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Damian Blazejewski <da...@gmail.com>.
Lukasz,

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Yes, use mocks -> Mockito

Regards

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Damian Blazejewski <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/11/26 Damian Blazejewski <da...@gmail.com>:
> I have managed to sort it out. My project has two maven modules and one
> parent pom common for those modules.
> Tests are located in on of the submodules.
> As turns out, when I add servlet-api and jsp-api dependencies to the parent
> pom, the error is present.
> However, when I move those two dependencies to the module's pom which tests
> are located in, error disappears.
> So that problem is solved.
> Unfortunately, there is another issue. I have almost given up but my desire
> to start automatically testing Struts actions is stronger so I still
> struggle :)
> I have Spring dependencies in the actions itself. It would be perfect if I
> could mock them. But as far as I know I can't but I should provide spring
> application context
> defining those dependencies.
>
> When I try to extend StrutsJUnit4TestCase in my test I get the following
> error:
>
> "Looks like the Spring listener was not configured for your web app! "
>
> When I extend StrutsSpringJUnit4TestCase, I have to provide Spring
> dependencies as I said earlier.
>
> Is there any way to mock those Spring dependencies in my Struts action?

I'm not sure if I understand you - why don't you use StrutsSpringJUnit4TestCase?

Re: Struts 2 Testing Actions

Posted by Damian Blazejewski <da...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Pozdrawiam/Best regards,