Posted to user@storm.apache.org by John Yost <so...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 14:01:30 UTC

Recommended Scheduler--Isolation Scheduler or Mesos

Hi Everyone,

For a Storm cluster running multiple topologies, what is the recommended
scheduler--Mesos or the Isolation Scheduler?

The reasons I ask are per this post back in 2013:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/storm-user/GQEH-6x6oyI and the fact
we are seeing some issues where a particular topology appears to be running
fine and then we lose a Mesos executor, which subsequently results in a
rebalancing. I am still investigating, but I basically want to get
everyone's thoughts.

Please confirm which is recommended and, if applicable, under which
conditions.

Thanks

--John