Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by frabjousB <ce...@plasticjungle.net> on 2010/07/27 21:31:48 UTC

passing arguments into strings defined in UILabels

Hi,

Is there a way to pass arguments into strings retrieved from the
UILabels.xml files?

For example, assuming uiLabelMap maps to UILabels.xml, can I pass a number
(e.g., 100) to ${uiLabelMap.balance} so that the FTL page ultimately
displays "Your balance is 100"?

If so, how can I do this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: passing arguments into strings defined in UILabels

Posted by frabjousB <ce...@plasticjungle.net>.
Thank you!

Re: passing arguments into strings defined in UILabels

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 27/07/2010 21:31, frabjousB a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to pass arguments into strings retrieved from the
> UILabels.xml files?
>
> For example, assuming uiLabelMap maps to UILabels.xml, can I pass a number
> (e.g., 100) to ${uiLabelMap.balance} so that the FTL page ultimately
> displays "Your balance is 100"?
>
> If so, how can I do this?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi,

here is an example from OrderUiLabels.xml :
         <value xml:lang="en">Sorry, you can't change the quantity on
the promotion item ${productName} (product ID: ${productId}, not setting
quantity.</value>

HTH

--
Erwan de FERRIERES