Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Venkat, Ankam" <An...@centurylink.com> on 2015/03/03 02:39:53 UTC

RE: PL/HQL - Procedural SQL-on-Hadoop

Is there a simple way to migrate from PL/SQL to PL/HQL?

Regards,
Venkat

Posted by Dmitry Tolpeko <dm...@gmail.com>.
Venkat,

The goal of this project is to execute existing PL/SQL in Hive as much as
possible, not to migrate. In case when some design restrictions are faced
the code has to be redesigned, but hopefully most of the remaining code
remained untouched, no need to convert everything to bash/Python etc.

Dmitry