Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Barnett, James" <Ja...@aspect.com> on 2005/11/16 21:48:17 UTC

[SCXML] build error due to missing sandbox-project.xml

I have downloaded the SCXML sources, set up maven, and am trying to do a local build.  However, I get an error saying

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Parent POM not found: C:\code\SCXML\SRC\commons-build\sandbox-project.xml

I am guessing that this is due to the following reference in project.xml

  <extend>../commons-build/sandbox-project.xml</extend>

sandbox-project.xml isn't among the files I downloaded and I can't find it on the Jakarta site. Can someone show me where to get it or tell me how to work around this problem?

- Jim

Re: [SCXML] build error due to missing sandbox-project.xml

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 11/17/05, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/05, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/16/05, Barnett, James <Ja...@aspect.com> wrote:
> > > I have downloaded the SCXML sources, set up maven, and am trying to do a local build.  However, I get an error saying
> > >
> > > java.io.FileNotFoundException: Parent POM not found: C:\code\SCXML\SRC\commons-build\sandbox-project.xml
<snip/>

> > Has any Commons component found a better way of handling this
> > requirement so its easier to set up the build? I remember some
> > discussion here, but can't seem to find it in the archives.
>
> Eliminating the pom inheritance limits dependency to just site
> generation.  That's what most commons-proper components do.

<snap/>

Thanks Phil.

Jim -

After a svn update, a "maven jar" should roll a jar for you (the
commons-build is no longer needed for that bit).

-Rahul

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.