Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/14 22:13:22 UTC

runtime platform option missing

Hi,

I was following this video on how to use netbeans 12.1 for  remote Java
raspberry pi development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwymxhTjfYc

In the video netbeans 8.0.2 is being used I am using netbeans 12.1.

As you can see I cannot select runtime platform in the project properties->
run window because that option is missing.

Raspberry Pi setup the safe option

Posted by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com>.
https://youtu.be/ebHbDlTnV-I

I decided to go for the safe option by following these setup instruction
keeping to the same versions of Netbeans and ejdk.

Also I think the ssh server was playing about so I did the safe option
again  by reinstalling OS with rpi-imager and a headless setup by creating
a blank file called ssh in the boot directory wpa_supplicant.conf with
certain expected text and wifi credentials.

Raspberry pi and the GPIO is such a pleasure to work with.
Not like the past  when you needed hardware engineers and data sheets and
flashing stuff.

Re: runtime platform option missing

Posted by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com>.