Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2004/12/25 17:30:46 UTC

Datascroller question

I posted this question two days ago in the old list, but since that one
is deprecated I am posting it here again:

Hi I have a question regarding the data scroller.
I have following problem, I use Hibernate as ORM solution, which I am
very happy with.
What I want to do is following, I want to pass hibernate objects
into the DataTable/Data scroller component.
I figured out I could load everything and push a list down into that
component. The main problem is, I dont want to load all the objects
before displaying it or to keep an open connection in a session bean.

What I basically want to do is, for each page display a connection
should be opened the page be loaded and then closed so that I can keep
the number of fetched objects at a minimum level.

The only solution I could think of is to program some kind of helper
Datastructure which simulates a collection to the scroller but in fact
does only the page fetch.

Is there any other way to do that to get decent paging without having to
load all the data at once or having to keep a connection open?