Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Deepak M." <de...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/20 14:43:46 UTC

Error while trying to access XMethod web services

Hi,

I get the following error while trying to access XMethod web services

Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error opening socket: Host
unreachable: no further information

java.lang.NullPointerException
at WeatherClient.main(WeatherClient.java:45)

The code at line No. 45 is
		if (!res.generatedFault())
Obviously the response is Null which is throwing the exception.

What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Deepak

RE: Error while trying to access XMethod web services

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
This code isn't giving me that error either.

You do still however need to read the specs for the service you're trying to
use.

The WSDL specifies a SOAPAction, your code doesn't provide one, neither are
you providing the correct parameters.

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
Deepak,

-help

Posted by Joost Fleuren <jo...@fleuren.org>.
-help

-help

Posted by Joost Fleuren <jo...@fleuren.org>.
-help

Re: DTD's and SOAP

Posted by Fred Meredith <fm...@nc.rr.com>.
Well, you wouldn't necessarily use a DTD, but an XML Schema could be
referenced.  The schema could serve as rudimentary documentation of the
interface with your web service.  If other development teams within your
company wanted to implement your service, all you would have to do is
distribute the schema which would define request and response formats from
your service.

Re: DTD's and SOAP

DTD's and SOAP

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
Deepak,

DTD's and SOAP

--
Software Engineer
EzGov

To err is human.
To System.err is machine.

RE: Error while trying to access XMethod web services

--
Software Engineer
EzGov

To err is human.
To System.err is machine.

Re: Error while trying to access XMethod web services

Posted by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com>.
Hello Deepak,

--
Software Engineer
EzGov

To err is human.
To System.err is machine.

Re: Error while trying to access XMethod web services

Posted by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com>.
Hello Deepak,

--
Software Engineer