Posted to users@maven.apache.org by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/11 22:09:56 UTC

maven release plugin question

Hi all,

Current latest version of maven release plugin from ibiblio has errors.

As a workaround, I want to force maven to use the older(the version before
the latest one)version of this plugin.
This plugin related information is not part of my pom file as it is used by
Maven automatically.

Given this, how and where do I specify to maven to use a particular version
of this plugin?

Your input is higly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: maven release plugin question

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
just add the plugin with the version you want to the plugin management
section of your pom

Posted by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

I am new to Maven.

> Current latest version of maven release plugin from ibiblio has errors.

>It does?  Are they in JIRA?

There is a mismatch of javadoc.jar from the latest version of the
maven-release plugin.
I guess there was a new broken version of the javadoc.jar??

 I guess that if I use the maven-release plugin 2.0-beta-5 (instead of
2.0-beta-6) in my pom file, I guess I would still  need to pick up the
broken javadoc.jar??
If so, how do I let Maven to use specific versions of the dependent jars of
the plugins?

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.