Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by vasu gunja <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/07 15:37:19 UTC

"nodetool repair -dc"

Hi ,

I have a question regarding "nodetool repair -dc" option. recently we added
multiple nodes to one DC center, we want to perform repair only on current
DC.

Here is my question.

Do we need to perform "nodetool repair -dc" on all nodes belongs to that DC
?
or only one node of that DC?

thanks,

Re: "nodetool repair -dc"

Posted by Anuj Wadehra <an...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>.
Hi,
I have not used dc local repair specifically but generally repair syncs all local tokens of the node with other replicas (full repair) or a subset of local tokens (-pr and subrange). Full repair with - Dc option should only sync data for all the tokens present on the node where the command is run with other replicas in local dc.
You should run full repair on all nodes of the DC unless RF of all keyspaces in local DC =number of nodes in DC. E.g if you have 3 nodes in dc1 and RF is DC1:3, repairing single node should sync all data within a DC. This doesnt hold true if you have 5 nodes and no node holds 100% data.
Running full repair on all nodes in a dc may lead to repairing every data RF times. Inefficient!!  And you cant use pr with dc option.   Even if its allowed it wont repair entire ring as a dc owns a subset of entire token ring.
ThanksAnuj

  On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 at 20:08, vasu gunja<va...@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi ,
My Question specific to -dc option
Do we need to run this on all nodes that belongs to that DC ?Or only on one of the nodes that belongs to that DC then it will repair all nodes ?

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Varun Gupta <va...@uber.com> wrote:

I do not see the need to run repair, as long as cluster was in healthy state on adding new nodes.
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:37 AM, vasu gunja <va...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi ,
I have a question regarding "nodetool repair -dc" option. recently we added multiple nodes to one DC center, we want to perform repair only on current DC.
Here is my question.
Do we need to perform "nodetool repair -dc" on all nodes belongs to that DC ? or only one node of that DC?

thanks,V

Re: "nodetool repair -dc"

Posted by vasu gunja <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,