Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by RT <rw...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/31 19:21:05 UTC

string encoding

Hi,

there is a post going on encoding international characters. In the mean
time based on this section:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ

where it states that there may be a problem with the Container Servelet, I
am using the jetty setup from the example directory. And wondering whether
there are known issues with that.

Although there are apparently no known issues with character encoding in
solr, are there any known issues with encoding in the example configuration
of the solr package?

Kind regards and thanks for the help.

Roland

Re: string encoding

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:51 PM, RT <rw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a post going on encoding international characters. In the mean time
> based on this section:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ
>
> where it states that there may be a problem with the Container Servelet, I
> am using the jetty setup from the example directory. And wondering whether
> there are known issues with that.
>
> Although there are apparently no known issues with character encoding in
> solr, are there any known issues with encoding in the example configuration
> of the solr package?

Have used Solr both with the built-in Jetty, and with Tomcat to store Unicode
without issues. You should ensure that the rest of your indexing/searching
chain can also handle Unicode, but by and large, this should be straightforward.

Regards,
Gora