Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@sundn.de> on 2001/04/24 18:05:36 UTC

[Vote/Poll] Cocoon Conference / Workshop

Hi,

I am beginning to put together a possible Cocoon conference/workshop.
The date would be the 27. and 28. September 2001 and  the location
would be here in Paderborn, Germany.

The goal of such an event would be to bring together developers and
users of Cocoon (technology) for 2 days of presentations,  swapping
of experiences, meet your peers, exchanging of views on further
development etc. etc.

The event would be organized by s&n with the support of the
University of Paderborn. I have discussed the plans with Stefano
and some of the other main Cocoon developers.

As we are all - as yet - unsure as to whether there is indeed enough
"critical mass" out there to make an event like this  feasable -
we are now looking to check on how _you_ the users and developers
see such a conference/workshop and whether you
would come and/or submit presentations.

We want to make sure that we do not set this up - and then only 3 people
come.

To help you decide - please also see the following links:

Map: http://www.mapquest.com

 And search for "Paderborn" "Germany"

Paderborn impressions: http://www.pader-picture.de

Paderborn: http://www.paderborn.de/
s&n: http://www.sundn.de
University: http://www.upb.de/
Airport: http://www.flughafen-paderborn-lippstadt.de
Space view:
http://www.si-eu.com/archive/countries/germany/paderborn/paderborn.htm

Up to know we have not worked out whether there will be any costs for the
conference - but we will do our best to keep them  minimal. Of course
you would have travel expenses.

So please reply to his mail (and indeed forward it to anyone else you may
think appropriate) and let me know your opinion on  the following:

=============== cut here

Attendees
=========
1) I would certainly attend a Cocoon conference in Paderborn on the 27/28th
Sept. 2001
2) I would attend if the agenda was interesting
3) I may attend the conference if time and resources allow
4) I would not attend the conference because...

5) I would like to see presentations on...

Presenters
==========
1) I could submit a presentation on Cocoon (1 or 2)
2) I could submit a presentation on related technologies (XSL, XML)
3) I could submit a presentation on a case study, success story,
business case - to do with Cocoon

Cocoon Developers
=================
1) I think a separate get-together ("hackathon") of the Cocoon developers
as part of the conference would be a good idea /  not needed

Sponsors
========
1) We would like to make Cocoon2001 a success and could sponsor/support
the event by ....

Additional notes

Please add anything else you think relevant

Please reply to mlangham@sundn.de (and not to the list!). And feel free to
contact me with any other questions or comments.

Again - sorry for the lengthy poll - but this isn't ApacheCon (yet) :-)

Matthew Langham