Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Neil Madsen <li...@cranialinteractive.com> on 2014/12/16 21:17:12 UTC

[INSTALLER] Update to options -- was RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

So I think I have it all sorted out now.

I had to add in some logic that shows/hides certain options based on the
version of the SDK the user has selected to install. In 4.13.0 (and lower)
"Remoting Support" needs to be shown but in 4.14.0 (and higher) the remoting
bits from BlazeDS are going to be included so it's no longer needed to be
displayed. The opposite is required in the case of the OFL Fonts (Lato and
Font Awesome) for the FlatSpark skin. That option needs to be hidden in
4.13.0 and shown for 4.14.0 and higher.

In making these changes/fixes there have been a couple of new constants
added to the language files for the licensing option of the OFL Fonts. If
anyone would like to do some translations for the 2 added constants that
would be great.

Here are the english versions.

ASK_OFL_FONTS=The FlatSpark theme uses fonts licensed under the Open Font
License. Do you want to install the Font Awesome and Lato Fonts?

STEP_REQUIRED_INSTALL_OFL_FONTS=Font Awesome and Lato Fonts (Required)

The last thing was to update the 'apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml' file
to use the constants from the language properties files as the 'id'
parameter of the <component> nodes of the various options. This is what was
causing the original issue [1] that I had found when changing languages.

If I have misunderstood what should be where at what time please let me know
and I can try to make the adjustments.

Neil

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34687

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Thank you for your report. This is a known issue which is being worked on.

EdB

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:36 AM, JanFW <ja...@dallmeier.com> wrote:
> I compiled one of our ongoing projects with 4.14 and found out that the
> *<s:SpinnerList&lt;/b> does not display the global font color set in the
> global css any more. With 4.13 the text color is displayed correctly.
> Project does use mobile.swc and mobilecomponents.swc .

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Re: [INSTALLER] Update to options -- was RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
OK, so we do get a good fix with the updated config. Then I'll ask you
to commit that to the 'release4.14' branch.

The rest goes into the 'flex-utilities' repo, of course, so that won't
interfere with the upcoming SDK release.

Good work!

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

RE: [INSTALLER] Update to options -- was RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Neil Madsen <li...@cranialinteractive.com>.
Erik,
I haven't been able to log into Git yet. Still trying to determine what the
problem is.

I could create a patch and attach it to the JIRA ticket though.

> So, "all" that is needed are changes to the installer config file(s) in
the SDK?

Yes, the only changes for the flex-sdk are in the
'apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml' file. All other changes are in the
installer code.

Neil

So, "all" that is needed are changes to the installer config file(s) in the
SDK?

Have you been able to log into Git in order to commit your change(s)?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [INSTALLER] Update to options -- was RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Neil,

--
Ix Multimedia Software