Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by peceka <pe...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/11 10:11:24 UTC

How to generate API key for user

Hi,

maybe this is trivial question but unfortunately can't find how to generate
API key/secret for user.

On account screen i've got such information (screen included). Only
available options are:
* Edit - where I can edit only "Name" and "Network Domain".
* Update Resource Count
* Disable account
* Lock account
* Delete account

Nothing else. Can somebody tell me where I can find option for generating
API/Secret Key?

Regards,
p.

Nazwa cloud_git
ID 468098de-0861-4610-9f70-103e82dc93f1
Role User
Role Type User
Domena ROOT
Status enabled
Network Domain
Instance Limits 20

Re: How to generate API key for user

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hello Peceka,

The keys are attached to a user rather than an account:

First make sure you are logged in as a root or domain admin, then go into accounts > click on your account > click “view users” > click the username > click the rightmost icon (white key in a black square) to generate the keys.

You can now copy the API and secret key from the same page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: How to generate API key for user

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
maybe this is trivial question but unfortunately can't find how to generate
> API key/secret for user.

Navigate to Accounts -> YOUR_ACCOUNT -> "View Users" (on the right) -> YOUR_USER -> "Generate Keys" (a square symbol)

Re: How to generate API key for user

Posted by Suresh Anaparti <su...@accelerite.com>.
Peceka,

Go to the users (“View Users”) of the account in the Accounts and then from the Accounts -> Users, Go to Quickview or Detailed view of the user, you can see “Generate Keys” action button. See the screenshot attached.

Thanks,
Suresh

On 11/01/17, 3:41 PM, "peceka" <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.