Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 16:24:38 UTC

Re: Runing Apache Roller 3.0 on Geronimo 1.1.1

Peter,  Thanks for looking into this and please do let us know how
things turn out.  I think it would be awesome to include Roller in
Geronimo's plugin repository so that users like yourself can add blog
functionality to Geronimo with just a few simple steps. In fact Roller
is on the wishlist at a Geronimo plugin community website.  To make it
available as a plugin all we need is a WAR or EAR that can deploy into
Geronimo and then we can export it as a plugin using Geronimo's admin
console and add it to the plugin repo.  If you get Roller working in
Geronimo and don't mind sharing your work then I can help with the
rest.

Best wishes,
Paul

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
A follow up.

I got some time and decided to download and build roller from source and
It may have given me a hint on what is causing the problem I am seeing
in the log messages (below). It turns out that it is not recommended to
build releases of roller 3.0 with java 1.5 (yet) well the ant target
"apache-release" wont let you build it with java 1.5 I don't know what
the reason is for it but I guess I am about to find out as I am going to
check it out ;).

/Peter

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.