Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by kreso <kr...@binsco.com> on 2001/02/25 18:30:17 UTC

refresh and request object

Hi,

I have a question:

Is there any way to know that the page was refreshed i.e.
when I submit a request to my program (jsp) it gets the data from the query of the request and
processes it. Once the request has been processed then if user clicks refresh button I do not
want the request to be processed again - so how can I tell from the request that it was a "refresh".
I tried request.getHeader("Referer")
but even if page is refreshed this gives me original URL that the request came from?

Thanks.