Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Brian Reinhold <br...@lampreynetworks.com> on 2013/11/25 10:46:42 UTC

Address to an embedded apollo broker

I have (I believe) for the most part successfully created an embedded broker.
It has been configured with two connectors, one addressed externally from
tls/ssl://ip:61684 and the other from tcp://ip:61683. The idea actually is
that the mutually authenticated url is to be used by external clients and
the unsecure url is to be used by the internal client. The internal client
is sitting on the same machine as the apollo broker.

My question is how to address the embedded broker in order to optimize out a
network hop? My internal client is using the paho mqtt client library and I
tried "vm://localhost:61683" and got an illegal argument exception (which
makes sense I guess) as it is expecting "ssl" or "tcp" as the protocol
identifier.

First, is "vm://localhost:61683" the correct address to use for an embedded
broker? That is what is documented for the activeMQ broker but apollo is not
activeMQ and there is nothing in the apollo document that specifies how to
address the embedded broker.

Second, if that is the case then I assume that one will need to modify code
in order to use the "vm" prefix with libraries like the paho mqtt client?