Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by yuzhang <sh...@163.com> on 2019/02/21 12:19:19 UTC

I wonder about the qualifier assignment within an column family for measures

  Hi, dear team, when I read the source code about create HTable and CubeDescCreator, I found there is only one column("M") per column family(F1, F2, F3). And the column "M" contain all measures which are assigned to this column family.  Then, HBaseReadonlyStore will load all this column(or Cell) data into buffer in region server, and then only return the selected measure to query server. I wonder why don't kyiln assign an column qualifer(like M1, M2) per measures?

and if my understanding of these codes is incorrect, could you let me know, Please.
Hope for any of yours reply.

| |
shifengdefannao

Email:shifengdefannao@163.com

Signature is customized by Netease Mail Master

Re: I wonder about the qualifier assignment within an column family for measures

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Zhang Yu,

Kylin's metadata structure allows dividing the measures to one or multiple
CF/columns. To be simple, the web GUI only asks the user to select CF, and
then combine all the measures in a CF into one column. You can customize
the policy to further divides the measures into different columns if you
think that is better. Please share us with your findings, if it does
benefit the performance.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋