Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Ashish gade <as...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/31 13:25:19 UTC

Compatibility with windows 2019

Hello Team,

I like to check the compatibility of the Solr version on Windows 2019
Server. We are planning to upgrade windows from 2012 to 2019 server and
currently we are using Solr v4.4.0.0.

Please let me know the impact asap

Re: Compatibility with windows 2019

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org.INVALID>.
On 8/31/22 07:25, Ashish gade wrote:
> I like to check the compatibility of the Solr version on Windows 2019
> Server. We are planning to upgrade windows from 2012 to 2019 server and
> currently we are using Solr v4.4.0.0.
>
> Please let me know the impact asap

Solr requires Java, not a particular operating system.  Solr 6, 7, and 8
require Java 8, Solr 9 requires Java 11.

It is very likely that a suitable version of Java exists for 2019
Server, so Solr should be compatible.

Solr comes with a service installer that works on most POSIX operating
systems like Linux.  There is no service installer for Windows, you must
work out how to do that yourself.

Thanks,
Shawn