Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by chamila <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/19 14:47:53 UTC

How to access PortletSession within dispatched jsp page

Hi ,

I am a newbie to portlet.I created Portlet class extending GenericPortlet.
In doView method I dispatched the request to jsp page.
Can anybody please tell me, how to access PortletSession
within dispatched jsp.

Thanks and Regards,
Chamila

Re: How to access PortletSession within dispatched jsp page

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <Mi...@evtek.fi>.
Hi.

You can access the RenderRequest/Response objects within a portlet jsp
page by using the portlet tag library. See the portlet spec section
PLT.22 for more details.

But shortly it goes by first enabling the portlet tags library like this

<%@ taglib uri=”http://java.sun.com/portlet” prefix=”portlet” %>

and then by using this tag

<portlet:defineObjects/>

you can access those objects like regular variables within the jsp like this

<% PortletSession pSession = renderResponse.getPortletSession() %>

Didn't test for typos, but I think it went right :D

-mikko