Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Sandeep Manappa Vasudeva Murthy (India - Bangalore)" <sa...@mindteck.com> on 2012/07/24 13:14:38 UTC

Need help on Axis2c

Hi,

This is sandeep here.

We are planning to use Axis2c Server for one of our project. The web services are based on RESTful framework on Linux Platform.
Currently, we got the Axis2c Server up and running and are able demonstrate echo sample services (enabled the REST GET methods in services.xml).
The URI used for this demo is http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/echo/get_echo/HelloWorld.

Question:
Would it be possible to remove/axis2/services/ from the URI?
Basically, the required URI should be http://localhost:9090/echo/get_echo/HelloWorld.
Please let us know how to achieve this? We tried modifying the source code, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks,
Sandeep

This email has been scanned by the Boundary Defense for Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.apptix.com/email-security/antispam-virus

RE: Need help on Axis2c

Posted by "Sandeep Manappa Vasudeva Murthy (India - Bangalore)" <sa...@mindteck.com>.
Actually we want to remove both "axis2" and "services" prefixes.

The URI http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/echo should be changed to http://localhost:9090/echo.

Is this possible with Simple Axis2 Server?

Our end application URIs should look like the following...
http://localhost:9090/echo1
http://localhost:9090/echo2
http://localhost:9090/add
http://localhost:9090/sub
and so on.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Posted by George Loring <Ge...@wal-mart.com>.

In fact the URL http://localhost:9090/[anything_here]/services/echo would always point to the echo service with simple axis2 server.

RE: Need help on Axis2c

Posted by "Sandeep Manappa Vasudeva Murthy (India - Bangalore)" <sa...@mindteck.com>.
Thanks George.

RE: Need help on Axis2c

Posted by George Loring <Ge...@wal-mart.com>.
Take a look at this link:

http://wso2.org/library/2663

RE: Need help on Axis2c

Posted by Michael Tyler - ISD <Mi...@wal-mart.com>.
To change the URI you can use the <Location> tag in the LoadModule of the axis2_module, but I don't think you can remove the whole thing, just change or reduce it.

As for RESTful in Axis2/C, remember that it is more like a CGI to SOAP bridge under the covers, so it does not support complex types.

L. Michael Tyler, II
System Analyst - ISD Aps Dev Store Systems Services
Phone 479.277.2811
BlackBerry 479.420.3798
Michael.Tyler@wal-mart.com<ma...@wal-mart.com>
page Tyler Michael<mailto:pageLMTYLER>