Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Saliya Ekanayake <es...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/27 20:16:48 UTC

[Axiom]Parent of an OMAttribute

Hi all,

The OMAttribute class provides no method (as I found out, please correct me
if I'm wrong) to get the parent of an attribute. I believe it's to be a good
feature to introduce.

Providing an overloaded constructor with parent element as a parameter would
do it. An alternative would be to modify the OMElement class such that
whenever an OMAttribute is added the "this" reference is set as the parent
of the particular attribute. In fact this would also need to change the
OMAttribute class to keep a reference to its parent.

Any suggestions on this? or is there another way I missed to retrieve the
parent of an OMAttribute ?

Thanks in advance,
Saliya