Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Neville Li <ne...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/08 18:03:29 UTC

Scio 0.8.0 released

Hi all,

We just released Scio 0.8.0. This is based on the most recent Beam 2.17.0
release and includes a lot of new features & bug fixes over the past 10
months.

Cheers,
Neville

https://github.com/spotify/scio/releases/tag/v0.8.0

*"Amato Animo Animato Animagus"*
Breaking changes & deprecations

   - See v0.8.0 Migration Guide
   <https://spotify.github.io/scio/migrations/v0.8.0-Migration-Guide.html> for
   detailed instructions
   - Remove @experimental from transform #2537
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2537>
   - Deprecate scio-elasticsearch2 and scio-cassandra2 #2414
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2414> #2421
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2421>
   - Deprecate hashFilter #2442 <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2442>
   - Deprecate legacy components in scio-extras #2533
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2533>

Features

   - Bump Beam to 2.17.0 #2577 <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2577>
   - Add sharded Sparkey support. #2336
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2336>
   - Rework side input cache #2363
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2363>
   - Cleanup Side Inputs API, introduce Singleton Set SideInputs #2424
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2424>
   - Add schema support for GenericRecord #2514
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2514>

Bug fixes & improvements

   - Add file:linenum only to outer transform #2405
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2405>
   - Fix join transform names #2444
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2444>
   - Remove Coder context bound for partitionByKey #2451
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2451>
   - Rename that method argument in join functions to rhs #2466
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2466>
   - Replace custom ClosureCleaner with chill's #2423Use chill's
   Externalizer to serialize predicates in SCollectionMatchers #2410
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2410>
   - Add errmsg when beamOpts == null in JobTest, fix #2430
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues/2430> #2545
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2545>
   - Add bigQuerySelect() method with default flattenResults value #2500
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2500>
   - Better consistency around BigQuery API #2412Fail early on malformed
   BigQuery spec #2345 <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2345>
   - Rewrite typedBigQueryStorage #2434
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2434>
   - Add DML query support to bigquery client #2418
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2418>
   - Treat Avro array as java List in BigQuery read, fix #2068
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues/2068> #2415
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2415>
   - Fix NPE in scio-bigtable's ChannelPoolCreator when credentials aren't
   set #2317Fix bigtable scollection ops return type #2486
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2486>
   - Refactor PubsubIO for more typesafety #2457
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2457>
   - Avoid Mutation coder fallback for Spanner #2478
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2478>
   - Fix Parquet sink suffix #2367Improve iterable equality #2483
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2483>
   - Improve back compat with Scio 0.7 #2401
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2401>
   - Improve coder gen by checking companion implicits #2522
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2522>
   - Make recursive coders serializable #2404
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2404>
   - Remove kryo coder override in intermediate steps #2422Fix fallback
   warning when implicit is in scope #2511
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2511>
   - Improve the schema compatibility error message #2366
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2366>
   - Remove schema fallback #2489
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2489>
   - Add Schemas support for more types #2364
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2364>
   - Assert FileStorage.isDone in MaterializeTap #2518
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2518>
   - Add support for cleaning up TF models on shutdown #2549
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2549>
   - Rework TensorFlow predict ops #2343
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2343>
   - Remove unused/deprecated TensorFlow graph DoFn #2339
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2339>
   - Mark some APIs in scio-extras as experimental #2517
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues/2517> #2572
   <https://github.com/spotify/scio/pull/2572>

Re: Scio 0.8.0 released

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.