Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by solrj <gh...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/17 12:33:59 UTC

DocumentId, InternalDocID and Query from QueryResponse

Hi,
    I am new to Solr. I would like to know how to get DocumentId,
InternalDocID and Query from QueryResponse.

Thanks,
Gomathi

Re: DocumentId, InternalDocID and Query from QueryResponse

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:     I am new to Solr. I would like to know how to get DocumentId,
: InternalDocID and Query from QueryResponse.

I'm going to make some assumptions about what it is you are asking for...

1) by DocumentId, i assume you mean the value of the uniqueKey field you
define in your schema.xml -- it's a field like any other, so if you wnat
it returned for each doc, just ask for it in the "fl" param.

2) by InternalDocId i'm asssuming you mean the low level Lucene docid --
there is no way to get this info from Solr, there is also
no use for it in a client, since you can't do anything with it -- internal
docids can change any time there is a segment merge.

3) if by Query you mean the query string that came from the client (echoed
back) take a look at the echoParams option which can give back all of the
request params in the response if you wish.  if you mean the actually
Query object used to execute the search, there is no way to get that in
the client -- the parsing and Query object structure are built on the
server side.

-Hoss