Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Peter Rajesh <ra...@siptech.co.in> on 2001/09/20 07:41:26 UTC

problem in starting jetspeed...while using cocoon

Hi,

To display the XSP file which uses Cocoon architecture, in Jetspeed,
needs the following two jar files.

1. turbine-2.2-dev-20010912.jar
2. velocity-1.2-dev.jar

When i copy these jar files into tomcat/lib dir. (or) if i specify them
in the CLASSPATH, Jetspeed is not starting properly. Following exception
is thrown.

org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker:
unknown service PoolService requested  at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:356)

Please let me know how to overcome this.

Thanks

Regards

Peter Rajesh

Re: problem in starting jetspeed...while using cocoon

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Peter,
I am displaying pages generated by Cocoon as a WebPage portlet in
Jetspeed, but I did not do anything with the 2 jar files you mention.

1) What is the version of Tomcat? I am using 4.0 and I was not able to
get Cocoon and Jetspeed running under the same instance of Tomcat 3.2.x

2) Can the page being displayed in the portlet also be displayed outside
of Jetspeed, i.e. http://localhost/cocoon/MyCocoonPages.html ?  If the
page does not display, then this is a Cocoon problem.

3) What type of portlet are you using, i.e. WebPagePorlet?

4) If you remove the jar files, turbine-2.2-dev-20010912.jar and
velocity-1.2-dev.jar, will Cocoon and Turbine display their "It is
working" home page?

Paul Spencer