Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Manis Sorensen, Carolyn" <Ca...@FMR.com> on 2008/02/19 16:16:40 UTC

Client Certificate prompt causes NoHttpResponseException

Greetings!

I'm sending SOAP requests to a server using HttpClient connections. The
server is looking for possible Client Certificates. It does not require
them as the message can also be verified using a digital signature. If
the optional Client Certificate feature on the remote server is on
(default is on), HttpClient gets into a retry loop and finally gives up
with NoHttpResponseException. If I turn the feature off,  the connection
goes through with no problem.

Is there a way that I can prevent this problem with the default
connection looking for a Client Certificate?

Note: I've overridden the default ProtocolSocketFactory so I could use a
specific cert truststore and client keystore - perhaps I have caused
this problem here?

Thanks!